Team Losi LST2 RC Truck Review
It’s been awhile since Team Losi put their foot in the RC monster truck ring with the first Losi Super Truck (LST).
Since then, they’ve updated their original model taking into account tips from RC car enthusiasts and their own engineers.
In order to help you see what Team Losi RC cars has to offer the monster truck lover, we’ve compiled a list of pros and cons for this truck.
You can also check out the different parts, see pictures and videos of the Team Losi LST2.
We hope you like it!
Team Losi LST 2 — Pros
- Better than the first model for racing, the newest LST has a stadium style body this go round and a new Mach 427 motor.
- The bright orange tint to the engine makes it look super shnazzy. The new motor also blows the last one out of the water in terms of speed as well, and can reach up to 50mph right out of the box.
- Rotary starting makes the running of this rc nitro truck super easy and simple for beginners. And the radio system is easy to use and doesn’t need to be replaced unless you consider yourself an extreme enthusiast.
- Tougher than the first model, the LST 2 is very durable. You can crash into pretty harsh surfaces without having to make any repairs. Check out the video below for proof!
- Improved braking means that the second version of the LST is less twitchy than the first and you should have no problem stopping and slowing down when you need to.
Team Losi LST 2 — Cons
- The main problem many RC drivers find with the Team Losi LST 2 is its stock 20mm hex adapters. Although they are better than those on the first model, they are still small enough to restrict the size of rc wheels you can put on this bad boy. Even a three mm increase would make a world of difference.
- You will want to use threadlock as soon as you take the truck out of the box on the front knuckle bolts and wheel nuts to keep them from coming lose on you and ruining your day if you lose a screw and don’t have any spares.
- You may want to re-angle the front toe of the tires on this truck. If you find the truck unstable on the straightaway, this will help fix the problem. Unfortunately you can’t do the same for the rear because the Losi LST 2 lacks a toe angle in the back. This isn’t a huge deal, but every little adjustment can help.
So there’s a little dose of the good the bad and the ugly when it comes to Team Losi’s LST 2 truck. Hopefully there’ll be more to come from Losi, seeing as the LST 2 is such an improvement on the first model, we figure they can only get better!
If you want you can check out more rc car reviews.
Team Losi LST2 Parts!!
- 7.4V 1000mAh 2S LiPo battery and 110-240V AC wall charger
- Losi radio system with Spektrum 2.4GHz DSM technology
- Factory-decorated, limited edition Black Mini-LST2 body
- Mini-Torquer chrome dish wheels with mounted Mini-Duplex tires
- Dual-deck aluminum chassis
- Dual Frenzy-370 motors
- Losi dual motor ESC
- Twin steering servos
- Aluminum oil-filled shock bodies with threaded adjusters
- Complete rc ball bearings
- Metal ring and pinion gears
- Gear cover that allows use of the Mini-T dual-disk slipper
- 4WD drivetrain with slipper clutch
- 4 AA batteries for the transmitter included
Are You Looking For The Team Losi Lst2 Rc Truck?
Read the comprehensive RC Hobby Shop reviews for more detailed information and to simplify your search.
Big Air + Demo Of Durability
For more information about other services and products choose from one of the following links:
Latest RC Car Articles
Traxxas Ford Mustang Boss 302
How To Tune Your Nitro RC Car Engine
Bugatti Veyron RC Car
How To Clean And Maintain Your Brushless Motor
Traxxas Slash 4×4 Short Course Truck
HPI Savage X 4.6 Review
Traxxas Rally Review
Traxxas Summit Electric Monster Truck
Cheap Gas RC Cars For Sale
Nitro RC Trucks For Sale
Best RC Cars
How to Build an RC Car Track
How to Build Your Own RC Car