Tamiya TNX 5.2R – Supreme Commander
Looking for Tamiya TNX 5.2R? Click here for more information.
The Tamiya TNX 5.2R has come to new heights since Tamiya first launched the TNX series in mid 2004. The older TNX 3.0 was heavier, had air leaks in the fuel tank, and generally was a lot weaker. Now, the new and improved TNX 5.2R is loaded, at 1/8th scale and from 2-speed transmission to super tough steel drive shafts, this thing will blow your mind. It’s contenting for top spot for 2007’s best gas powered monster truck, with good reason. But what makes this RC monster truck so great? Lets take a look at some of the pros and cons of the TNX 5.2R, although, there’s not very much negatives to say about this mean machine!
In-Depth Into Tamiya’s TNX 5.2R
- Comes with a rear exhaust accompanied by a TM-7 muffler that doesn’t melt under heat.
- 2.5mm thick reinforced durable aluminum chassis, attached to steel drive shafts. Very very tough!
- 5.2cc engine with an oversize head, creating a huge amount of power. Seriously, this engine is massive and is designed for optimal cooling.
- Comes stock with ball bearings rather than bushings – which is great to keep out dirt and grind, as well as minimize friction and lasts a lot longer.
- Comes equipped with a start button, so you don’t have to pull start this beast.
- 4 wheel drive chassis evenly distributes engine power from the transmission which is located in the center of the vehicle – in addition, has a 2 speed transmission which is desinged for more efficient gear shifting, better durability and handling.
- Redesigned to make it lighter, weighing in at 4.3kg (10 pounds).
- Improved shocks for better handling of jumps and rough terrain.
- Very difficult to get parts for, so if you’re looking to customize the TNX 5.2R, you’re going to have to dig.
- Clutch can wear down pretty fast, especially with such a bigger engine
- Differentials can be a little weak
All in all, this truck is a racer. You can also bash with it, but it can go just as fast as the Revo (55mph). It’s durable, and handles the heat. Only real problem is the aftermarket part support, which there’s a lot of for the Revo and other RC trucks. The Tamiya TNX 5.2R receives a 4.4/5.
Also check out: RC Monster Trucks
RC Car Videos Of The Tamiya TNX 5.2R In Action!
TNX 5.2R Promotional Video
Watch The Tamiya TNX 5.2R Reach Speeds Over 60MPH!
For more information about other services and products choose from one of the following links:
Latest RC Car Articles
Best RC Cars
Fastest RC Cars
How to Build an RC Car Track
How to Build Your Own RC Car