Tamiya TXT-1: Come, Ride With The Brute
Looking for the Tamiya TXT-1? Click here for more information.
The Tamiya TXT-1 is a mean and ruthless truck from Tamiya USA. TXT stands for Tamiya extreme truck. The power, the body, the heavy duty chassis all are pure ‘extremes’ when compared to ordinary puny monster trucks. Straight from stock, the Tamiya TXT-1 looks as if it’s been modified by a pro – Tamiya has definitely pulled out all the stops on this 4×4. Here we’ll outline some of the pros and cons, and you can also see pictures and videos of the TXT-1 in action!
Good And Bad Features Of The Tamiya TXT-1
- Twin motor 4WD engine increases power output by 20%.
- Body is mounted high off the ground, making it one of, if not, thebest RC trucks available for rock crawling.
- Twin parallel motors are more efficient when it comes to supplying power to the propeller shaft and the two axles in the front and rear.
- Can take corners at high speeds thanks to handy swaybars.
- One of the best suspensions you can get for a truck, making it do jumps, rock crawl and take landings with ease.
- Has rigid 4 link wheels, including push rods and locking arms. These tires can handle the meanest of tracks and paths.
- Comes stock with metal bearings, keeping out dirt and grind.
- Stock servos should be replaced for better steering and handling.
- Slow, not reaching speeds over 5mph.
- Designed for handling roughest of terrains, not to be used for racing purposes.
All the parts of the Tamiya txt 1 are designed with extreme off road conditions in mind. Be it the side frame made of T6 aluminum or the suspension arms, each of the components make it more durable than anything other RC truck. The Tamiya TXT-1 receives at 3.7/5. Although a great and durable truck, there’s really only a few uses for this truck – and that’s to mow over your opponents, rock crawl, take jumps and have fun!
Also check out: Nitro RC Trucks
Tamiya TXT-1 RC Rock Crawling Video!
Guy Bashing Around His Tamiya TXT-1 And Having A Blast!
For more information about other services and products choose from one of the following links:
Latest RC Car Articles
Best RC Cars
Fastest RC Cars
How to Build an RC Car Track
How to Build Your Own RC Car