Kyosho Lazer ZX5 – Videos, Pictures and Review
The Kyosho Lazer ZX5 was designed to win. Period. At 1/10th scale, this buggy has has been re-designed with symmetry in mind. Unlike older Lazer models, the ZX5 has a center shaft drive so that the front and rear axles are more balanced. In addition to that, the motor has been mounted on the rear of the vehicle – making for a more efficient weight distribution. All the in turn offers a smoother ride and better performance on the track.
Check Out This Video Of The Kyosho Lazer ZX5 In Action!
Features And Functionalities Of The Kyosho Lazer ZX5
- Designed for racing
- Power is effectively transferred through the use of the slipper clutch as to not overload the drive train.
- New shocks (twin-cap Pro) offers better handling on rougher terrains.
- Comes with rear stabilizer
- Symmetrically designed as to transfer weight proportionally, keeping the wheels on the ground and the speed to the max.
- All new 4-wheel double-wishbone suspension offers greater adjustment for users.
- The layout of the chassis offers either the use of a battery pack, or loose cells.
- Designed so that the user can either install a standard ball or one-way differential, or a spool set up (3 different ways). This offers five customizable settings for the drivers preference.
- High precision universal swing shaft on front
- Comes with rear sway bar.
- Not as stiff as other buggies
- Better for more seasoned off-road racers, as adjustability will be confusing for first time users.
- The buggy is prone to small breakages here and there, so the wear and tear factor is not as great as other buggies.
- Requires thick oil, rather than the light oil that comes with it.
All in all, the Kyosho Lazer ZX5 gets a 4.6/5. It’s a great 4WD buggy, and has many new improvements to keep up-to-date with industry competitiveness. Not recommended for first time buyers. If you’re a seasoned RC vet, this is a ‘must have’ to your collection of great RC cars & trucks.
Also check out: RC Nitro Cars
Another RC Car Video of the Kyosho Lazer ZX5
Kasai T&T Circuit – Kyosho Lazer ZX5 comes in 4th place
Check out our all new RC Car Videos Page.
For more information about other services and products choose from one of the following links:
Latest RC Car Articles
Best RC Cars
Fastest RC Cars
How to Build an RC Car Track
How to Build Your Own RC Car